Join Rafael Hernandez for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating text fields with embedded buttons, part of Titanium Mobile App Development Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In iOS, text fields have the ability to feature buttons within the field at the left or right.…Starting with the app.js file, I've created a new window object with a text field.…The Window also has an EventListener that hides the keyboard when the text area loses focus.…I'll copy and paste a code snippet that creates two buttons.…To add these buttons to the text field, I'll set the left button and right button…properties of the text field object.…
Now I'll add EventListeners to the buttons.…For the Clear button, I'll add a listener for the click event.…I'll create a callback function that clears the text field by setting its…value to an empty string.…For the Submit button, I'll add a listener for the click event.…I'll create a callback function that checks to see if there's a value in the text field.…If there is, an alert will appear with the value, if there isn't, the alert will…prompt the user to enter some text.…
Note that because these two buttons have been added to the text field, they…
- Accessing the Titanium API documentation
- Navigating the Titanium Studio workspace
- Detecting platforms
- Understanding windows and views
- Listening for events
- Configuring text fields
- Adding interactivity to a view
- Working with a single tab group
- Creating a map and setting the location
- Adding and removing map pins at runtime
- Loading local and remote web pages
- Loading an external XML feed
- Setting timers
- Prompting device vibrations
- Implementing an activity indicator
- Reading from and writing to the file system
- Working with media
- Reading device orientation
- Detecting gestures
- Debugging an app
- Stepping through a finished app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
Editing run configurations1m 38s
2. Windows & Views
3. Controls, Input & Interactivity
4. Tab Group
5. Table View
6. Map View
7. Web View and XHR
9. Data Management
Sending an email3m 38s
Reading device orientation2m 27s
12. Preparing for app distribution
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.