Join Rafael Hernandez for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a switch, part of Titanium Mobile App Development Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Switches allow the user to provide yes-no or on-off responses.…On iOS, this results in a switch with on-off choices.…On Android, developers are afforded a little more flexibility to style and label switches.…Starting with the app.js file in the 03 _04 folder of the exercise files, I've…created a new window object.…Next, I'll switch to the completed code and copy the code snippet for creating a…switch and accompanying label view to display the results of the switch change.…
Creating a switch simply requires positioning properties and a value for its initial state.…Here set with the value property.…Now I'll add the views to the window object.…I'll add an EventListener to the switch that listens for the switches change event.…I'll copy and paste the callback function that will set the text property of the…results1 label with the value of the change event represented by e.value.…
I'll take a look at what I've got so far in the Simulator.…As the switch is changed, the value is displayed in the results1 label.…
- Accessing the Titanium API documentation
- Navigating the Titanium Studio workspace
- Detecting platforms
- Understanding windows and views
- Listening for events
- Configuring text fields
- Adding interactivity to a view
- Working with a single tab group
- Creating a map and setting the location
- Adding and removing map pins at runtime
- Loading local and remote web pages
- Loading an external XML feed
- Setting timers
- Prompting device vibrations
- Implementing an activity indicator
- Reading from and writing to the file system
- Working with media
- Reading device orientation
- Detecting gestures
- Debugging an app
- Stepping through a finished app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
Editing run configurations1m 38s
2. Windows & Views
3. Controls, Input & Interactivity
4. Tab Group
5. Table View
6. Map View
7. Web View and XHR
9. Data Management
Sending an email3m 38s
Reading device orientation2m 27s
12. Preparing for app distribution
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.