Join Rafael Hernandez for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a simple table, part of Titanium Mobile App Development Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Titanium Mobile makes it easy to create a simple table by utilizing a data…source in the form of an array of objects that have specific properties.…Starting with the app.js file in the 05_ 02 folder of the exercise files, I have…created a single tab application, with a window that has its tabBar hidden…property set to true.…Before I create the tableView, I will create a data source for the rows.…This data source is an array of objects.…Each of the objects has a title property, a leftImage property, className…property and optionally, a hasCheck, hasDetail or hasChild property.…
The title property will set the text visible to the user in the row.…The leftImage property will set the image that will appear at the left of each row.…Note that I have already prepared images for this table and I have placed them…in an images folder that I created, in the project's Resource folder.…The most important property here is the className property.…This property is used to set a name that will help Titanium to process rows that…
- Accessing the Titanium API documentation
- Navigating the Titanium Studio workspace
- Detecting platforms
- Understanding windows and views
- Listening for events
- Configuring text fields
- Adding interactivity to a view
- Working with a single tab group
- Creating a map and setting the location
- Adding and removing map pins at runtime
- Loading local and remote web pages
- Loading an external XML feed
- Setting timers
- Prompting device vibrations
- Implementing an activity indicator
- Reading from and writing to the file system
- Working with media
- Reading device orientation
- Detecting gestures
- Debugging an app
- Stepping through a finished app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
Editing run configurations1m 38s
2. Windows & Views
3. Controls, Input & Interactivity
4. Tab Group
5. Table View
6. Map View
7. Web View and XHR
9. Data Management
Sending an email3m 38s
Reading device orientation2m 27s
12. Preparing for app distribution
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.