Join Rafael Hernandez for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a multi-column picker, part of Titanium Mobile App Development Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Multi-column pickers allow for the selection of multiple items amongst a…distinct array of choices.…The method for creating a multi-column picker follows closely with the method for…creating a single-column picker except that the columns property of the picker…object is populated with an array of titanium.UI.createPickerColumn objects.…Starting with the app.js file, I've created a new window object; a picker and a…label called results.…Notice that I've set the useSpinner property of the picker to true.…
I'll be creating a two column picker.…To start I'll need to create each of the picker columns using…titanium.UI.createPickerColumn.…Because it will have content that's a bit wider, I've set the tour property of…the tour column to 200 pixels wide.…Before I start to add rows to the columns, I'll copy and paste code that creates…two arrays of objects that contain title and val properties.…In order to most efficiently add rows to the columns I'll use a for loop.…
This loop iterates over each of the arrays and creates a row using the add row…
- Accessing the Titanium API documentation
- Navigating the Titanium Studio workspace
- Detecting platforms
- Understanding windows and views
- Listening for events
- Configuring text fields
- Adding interactivity to a view
- Working with a single tab group
- Creating a map and setting the location
- Adding and removing map pins at runtime
- Loading local and remote web pages
- Loading an external XML feed
- Setting timers
- Prompting device vibrations
- Implementing an activity indicator
- Reading from and writing to the file system
- Working with media
- Reading device orientation
- Detecting gestures
- Debugging an app
- Stepping through a finished app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
Editing run configurations1m 38s
2. Windows & Views
3. Controls, Input & Interactivity
4. Tab Group
5. Table View
6. Map View
7. Web View and XHR
9. Data Management
Sending an email3m 38s
Reading device orientation2m 27s
12. Preparing for app distribution
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.