Join Rafael Hernandez for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a date/time picker, part of Titanium Mobile App Development Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
A common usage of pickers in mobile applications is the ability to select date or time.…The type property of the picker object allows for the specific styling of the…picker so that it specifically serves this purpose.…Starting with the app.js file, I've created a new window object with the picker…object and a label called results.…As with our previous picker examples, the picker is listening for its…change event and we'll set the text property of the results label with the selected value.…The type property of the picker object needs to be set to…titanium.UI.PICKER_TYPE_DATE;…this enables a date time picker.…
- Accessing the Titanium API documentation
- Navigating the Titanium Studio workspace
- Detecting platforms
- Understanding windows and views
- Listening for events
- Configuring text fields
- Adding interactivity to a view
- Working with a single tab group
- Creating a map and setting the location
- Adding and removing map pins at runtime
- Loading local and remote web pages
- Loading an external XML feed
- Setting timers
- Prompting device vibrations
- Implementing an activity indicator
- Reading from and writing to the file system
- Working with media
- Reading device orientation
- Detecting gestures
- Debugging an app
- Stepping through a finished app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
Editing run configurations1m 38s
2. Windows & Views
3. Controls, Input & Interactivity
4. Tab Group
5. Table View
6. Map View
7. Web View and XHR
9. Data Management
Sending an email3m 38s
Reading device orientation2m 27s
12. Preparing for app distribution
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.