Join Rafael Hernandez for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating buttons, part of Titanium Mobile App Development Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Titanium Mobile allows for the creation of both native and custom buttons.…Starting with the app.js file in the 03 _02 folder of the exercise files, I've…created a new window object.…Next, I'll switch to the completed code and copy the code snippet for creating a new button.…The Titanium.UI.createButton method creates a new button object.…At a minimum, I have to supply dimension properties for the object or else the…button will fill the entire screen.…I've used the title property to display text on the button.…
I've also added a custom property called id to the button object.…I'll be retrieving this property with an EventListener in a moment.…With the button object created, I'll add it to the window object.…Now I'll add an EventListener to the button and listen for the click event.…Within the click event I'll create a callback to fire an Alert dialog, that will…a return string containing the source, object's ID property, and the type…property of the event itself.…
I'll cover Alert dialogs in more detail later in this course.…
- Accessing the Titanium API documentation
- Navigating the Titanium Studio workspace
- Detecting platforms
- Understanding windows and views
- Listening for events
- Configuring text fields
- Adding interactivity to a view
- Working with a single tab group
- Creating a map and setting the location
- Adding and removing map pins at runtime
- Loading local and remote web pages
- Loading an external XML feed
- Setting timers
- Prompting device vibrations
- Implementing an activity indicator
- Reading from and writing to the file system
- Working with media
- Reading device orientation
- Detecting gestures
- Debugging an app
- Stepping through a finished app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
Editing run configurations1m 38s
2. Windows & Views
3. Controls, Input & Interactivity
4. Tab Group
5. Table View
6. Map View
7. Web View and XHR
9. Data Management
Sending an email3m 38s
Reading device orientation2m 27s
12. Preparing for app distribution
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.