Join Rafael Hernandez for an in-depth discussion in this video App preferences, part of Titanium Mobile App Development Essential Training.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Applications developed with Titanium Mobile are configured using the tiapp.xml…file located in the root directory of the project folder.…Note that when opening this file, there are two tabs associated with it in the…File Editing window;…the Overview tab and the tiapp.xml tab.…The Overview tab displays information entered when the project was created.…The tiapp.xml tab contains a large list of options presented as an XML file.…Before going any further, I've got to warn you, making incorrect changes here…may cause your project to break.…
So proceed cautiously when you work with the tiapp.xml file.…I'll show you some of the more important values to edit here starting with the iOS options.…The persistent-wifi option denotes whether or not the device should be allowed…to intermittently turn off the WiFi radio.…If set to true, the device will not attempt to turn off the WiFi radio if…there's been no activity in the app.…The default setting is false and most of the time, this is okay.…The prerendered-icon option affects the application icon.…
- Accessing the Titanium API documentation
- Navigating the Titanium Studio workspace
- Detecting platforms
- Understanding windows and views
- Listening for events
- Configuring text fields
- Adding interactivity to a view
- Working with a single tab group
- Creating a map and setting the location
- Adding and removing map pins at runtime
- Loading local and remote web pages
- Loading an external XML feed
- Setting timers
- Prompting device vibrations
- Implementing an activity indicator
- Reading from and writing to the file system
- Working with media
- Reading device orientation
- Detecting gestures
- Debugging an app
- Stepping through a finished app
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Started
Editing run configurations1m 38s
2. Windows & Views
3. Controls, Input & Interactivity
4. Tab Group
5. Table View
6. Map View
7. Web View and XHR
9. Data Management
Sending an email3m 38s
Reading device orientation2m 27s
12. Preparing for app distribution
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.