Join Kacie Hultgren for an in-depth discussion in this video The image generator, part of Learning Tinkercad.
- The Image Generator tool is a great way to…incorporate graphic files into your project.…We're already on the Featured Shape Generators menu,…and I'll scroll down to find the Image Generator and…click and drag it to the Workplane.…I'll use the shortcut key F to focus.…So I have two options.…I can either drag a picture into this window or…choose one from my files, and that's what I'm gong to do.…In the Exercise Files, you'll find Greyscale.jpg, and open.…
I'll just orbit around so you can see a little bit better.…I just show you this to emphasize the black parts of…this image are the deepest, and the lightest parts of…the image are the shallowest.…Andsthat's the default behavior when you…bring a raster image into this tool.…Okay, let's try this with a photograph.…So we'll choose Change, and I'll choose Orange Daisy,…and click Open.…Alright, so now our daisy is brought into the space.…
We can do a few things to this image.…We can choose to adjust here on the side,…we can scale it bigger and smaller and…then click on the image to sort of reframe that.…
To learn more about 3D printing with your Tinkercad designs, check out Kacie's companion course, Up and Running with 3D Printing.
- Working with the Tinkercad interface
- Adding and moving 3D shapes
- Changing dimensions
- Measuring with the ruler
- Using hole shapes
- Creating patterns
- Working with Shape Generators
- Building complex shapes
- Importing 2D and 3D assets
- Sharing your designs
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
1. Tinkercad Overview
2. Adding and Modifying Shapes
3. Using 3D Tools
4. Duplicating and Creating Patterns
5. Shape Generators and Special Tools
6. Creating Complex Shapes
7. Importing Assets
8. Finishing a Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.