Walk through the basics of 3D modeling in Tinkercad, the free online app that anyone can use to create models for 3D printing.
- [Voiceover] Hi. I'm Kacie Hultgren, and welcome to Up and Running with Tinker cad. Tinker cad is a free easy-to-learn online application that anyone can use to create models for 3D printing. If you want to learn 3D design, this course is the perfect starting point. I'll be covering basics like how to add and group 3D shapes, as well as more complex tools like the ruler and working with outside assets like SVG files. This course is for beginners. You don't need any previous experience with 3D CAD design to get started with this course.
If you're unfamiliar with 3D printing, you may want to explore my course, Up and Running with 3D Printing, to flush out your understanding before starting with Tinker cad. Let's dive in.
This is a great first course for those who are new to 3D, but for those who want to learn more about the printing side, check out Kacie's companion course, Up and Running with 3D Printing.
- Working with the Tinkercad interface
- Adding and moving 3D shapes
- Changing dimensions
- Selecting strategies
- Measuring with Ruler
- Aligning shapes
- Using the Mirror tool
- Creating and duplicating patterns
- Working with shape and text generators
- Importing 2D and 3D assets
- Naming and sharing designs