Join Kacie Hultgren for an in-depth discussion in this video Using shape controls, part of Learning Tinkercad.
- [Instructor] The basic shapes in Tinkercad…look fairly straightforward.…But with shape controls, they're so…many customization options.…Let's explore what shape controls…have to offer.…I'll start by dragging a box…onto the work plane.…You can show or hide the shape control panel…by clicking on this arrow.…Now we have a bunch of different sliders here…to change the attributes.…Let's change the length,…and the width,…and the height.…And we can also go back in and type in…exact values instead.…
Now this gives you a lot of accuracy…easily, right off the bat.…But, there's a little bit of a hitch.…So if I mouse over the grips and see…the dimensions you can see that they match…what I'm seeing in the shape controls panel.…But if I start using the grips…to edit this shape,…notice that the shape control panel…doesn't update.…These values are still the same.…And then if I change them again,…it's scaling the object…but the values aren't strictly accurate.…You can see this says it's 73.75 by 69…and it's still listed as 40 by 50…on my shape control panel.…
To learn more about 3D printing with your Tinkercad designs, check out Kacie's companion course, Up and Running with 3D Printing.
- Working with the Tinkercad interface
- Adding and moving 3D shapes
- Changing dimensions
- Measuring with the ruler
- Using hole shapes
- Creating patterns
- Working with Shape Generators
- Building complex shapes
- Importing 2D and 3D assets
- Sharing your designs
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
1. Tinkercad Overview
2. Adding and Modifying Shapes
3. Using 3D Tools
4. Duplicating and Creating Patterns
5. Shape Generators and Special Tools
6. Creating Complex Shapes
7. Importing Assets
8. Finishing a Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.