Join Kacie Hultgren for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Mirror tool, part of Up and Running with Tinkercad.
- View Offline
- In this video, we'll take a look at the "Mirror" tool.…Let's start by using the number shortcut…to hop to the number shapes.…Then I'll drag a number three into the work plane.…Orbit and zoom in.…So if I want to get a mirror image of this number,…I can actually just drag out the grips to the other side,…but it's a little tough to have control over…the exact scale and proportion and…might not end up exactly the same.…So, if you're looking for an exact mirror image,…you want to use the "Mirror" tool.…
I'll undo this transformation here…and then choose "Adjust," "Mirror..."…If I orbit around here, you can see…that I have three ways that I can…mirror this number three.…This is the one that I want.…I get a nice preview when I mouse over it.…So just click on it.…When you're done with the mirror tool,…you can either click on the dismiss "X" here…or just click anywhere on the empty work plane.…That's it.…That's all there is to the mirror tool.…
This is a great first course for those who are new to 3D, but for those who want to learn more about the printing side, check out Kacie's companion course, Up and Running with 3D Printing.
- Working with the Tinkercad interface
- Adding and moving 3D shapes
- Changing dimensions
- Selecting strategies
- Measuring with Ruler
- Aligning shapes
- Using the Mirror tool
- Creating and duplicating patterns
- Working with shape and text generators
- Importing 2D and 3D assets
- Naming and sharing designs