Join Kacie Hultgren for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Flip tool, part of Learning Tinkercad.
- [Instructor] You can create the mirror image of a shape…using the flip tool.…Using the dropdown menu, I'll choose symbols…and grab the and sign.…Use the shortcut key f to focus in.…Now by dragging the grips,…I can actually create a mirror image,…but there's an easier way.…You can use the flip tool.…Make sure the object is selected,…and choose it from the menu.…Sometimes this is also called mirroring,…and uses the letter m as its shortcut key.…Okay, so you'll see three arrows down here,…and if you mouse over them,…it gives you a preview of what the object will look like…flipped on that axis.…
Click on the preferred arrow,…and then dismiss the mirror tool…by clicking anywhere in the empty work plane.…
To learn more about 3D printing with your Tinkercad designs, check out Kacie's companion course, Up and Running with 3D Printing.
- Working with the Tinkercad interface
- Adding and moving 3D shapes
- Changing dimensions
- Measuring with the ruler
- Using hole shapes
- Creating patterns
- Working with Shape Generators
- Building complex shapes
- Importing 2D and 3D assets
- Sharing your designs
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
1. Tinkercad Overview
2. Adding and Modifying Shapes
3. Using 3D Tools
4. Duplicating and Creating Patterns
5. Shape Generators and Special Tools
6. Creating Complex Shapes
7. Importing Assets
8. Finishing a Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.