Join Kacie Hultgren for an in-depth discussion in this video Selecting strategies, part of Learning Tinkercad.
- As you start to work with multiple shapes,…it's important to be comfortable with a variety…of methods for selecting and deselecting.…Let's pull a box, a cylinder, and then…also a sphere into the workplane.…Now, we already know that we can select individual objects…by clicking on them with the left mouse button.…If you want to select multiple objects…at once, you have a few options.…So to select all the objects in the workspace,…you can use the shortcut Control A,…and then click anywhere in the workplane to deselect.…
The other option is to use a bounding box,…so I can click anywhere on the workplane that's empty…and drag a box, you can see it in red.…Right now, I'm encompassing all those objects,…and I let go, and they're all selected.…Instead of drawing a box that encompasses them all,…you can also just draw a box that intersects…those objects for the same result.…Click in the empty space to deselect.…You can also select multiple objects one by one…by holding down the Shift key.…I'll start by just clicking on the cylinder,…
To learn more about 3D printing with your Tinkercad designs, check out Kacie's companion course, Up and Running with 3D Printing.
- Working with the Tinkercad interface
- Adding and moving 3D shapes
- Changing dimensions
- Measuring with the ruler
- Using hole shapes
- Creating patterns
- Working with Shape Generators
- Building complex shapes
- Importing 2D and 3D assets
- Sharing your designs
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
1. Tinkercad Overview
2. Adding and Modifying Shapes
3. Using 3D Tools
4. Duplicating and Creating Patterns
5. Shape Generators and Special Tools
6. Creating Complex Shapes
7. Importing Assets
8. Finishing a Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.