Join Kacie Hultgren for an in-depth discussion in this video Navigating in Tinkercad, part of Learning Tinkercad.
- [Instructor] Let's explore the tools…available for navigating.…First, I highly recommend that you use a three-button mouse…to work in Tinkercad especially while you are learning.…While it's possible to use a…one-button mouse or a track pad,…the keyboard shortcuts are a little more complicated,…and many users find that a mouse…is a little bit more intuitive anyway.…So to get started, let's bring a box into the workplane.…I'll click with my left mouse button…and drag the box to the workplane and let go.…Now, you'll notice that the box is highlighted in blue…which means it's selected.…
And over to the side here, the Shapes panel pops up.…We don't need to use this right now,…so I'm going to click on the arrow to the side…to hide that panel.…To deselect the cube, you can click…anywhere in the workplane.…So we use our navigation tools to change our view…of the objects in our workplane.…We're moving the view not the objects.…So one way to do that is to use the ViewCube.…Okay, mouseover here and click on different edges,…
To learn more about 3D printing with your Tinkercad designs, check out Kacie's companion course, Up and Running with 3D Printing.
- Working with the Tinkercad interface
- Adding and moving 3D shapes
- Changing dimensions
- Measuring with the ruler
- Using hole shapes
- Creating patterns
- Working with Shape Generators
- Building complex shapes
- Importing 2D and 3D assets
- Sharing your designs
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Tinkercad Overview
2. Adding and Modifying Shapes
3. Using 3D Tools
4. Duplicating and Creating Patterns
5. Shape Generators and Special Tools
6. Creating Complex Shapes
7. Importing Assets
8. Finishing a Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.