Join Kacie Hultgren for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing Tinkercad, part of Learning Tinkercad.
- [Instructor] Tinkercad is a web-based CAD platform…and it requires the Chrome web browser to run properly.…Let's start by opening up Chrome…and navigating to Tinkercad.com.…Click on start tinkering now.…You'll need to sign in or create a username.…Now if this is your first time using Tinkercad,…you'll automatically be presented…with a series of tutorials to help you get started.…You can go ahead and complete a few if you'd like…or click on the Tinkercad logo…up in the upper left hand corner…to bring you to your profile page like I am here.…
If you ever want to check out those in app tutorials…at a later date, you can find them under learn.…For now let's click create a new design.…
To learn more about 3D printing with your Tinkercad designs, check out Kacie's companion course, Up and Running with 3D Printing.
- Working with the Tinkercad interface
- Adding and moving 3D shapes
- Changing dimensions
- Measuring with the ruler
- Using hole shapes
- Creating patterns
- Working with Shape Generators
- Building complex shapes
- Importing 2D and 3D assets
- Sharing your designs
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
1. Tinkercad Overview
2. Adding and Modifying Shapes
3. Using 3D Tools
4. Duplicating and Creating Patterns
5. Shape Generators and Special Tools
6. Creating Complex Shapes
7. Importing Assets
8. Finishing a Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.