Join Kacie Hultgren for an in-depth discussion in this video Introducing Shape Generators, part of Learning Tinkercad.
- Shape generators in Tinkercad provide a variety…of customizable shapes to incorporate into your project.…You'll find the shape generators on the dropdown menu.…There are many generators to choose from,…and you can even create your own.…Let's take a look at the featured shape generators.…Designs run the gamut from mathematical forms…to maps and decorative shapes,…or useful parts like clips or bent pipes.…Let's drag a generator of your choice into the workspace.…I'm going to grab this flower,…and then if you need to,…you can show the shapes control panel.…
So all generators are code-based.…Some creators even share their code…so you can take a look at how the shape was programmed.…All of these generators, they kind of work in the same way.…They're just a handful of variables…that you can change to create your object.…You can use the sliders,…or type in exact values.…Look through the community library.…You might find exactly the shape that you're looking for.…
To learn more about 3D printing with your Tinkercad designs, check out Kacie's companion course, Up and Running with 3D Printing.
- Working with the Tinkercad interface
- Adding and moving 3D shapes
- Changing dimensions
- Measuring with the ruler
- Using hole shapes
- Creating patterns
- Working with Shape Generators
- Building complex shapes
- Importing 2D and 3D assets
- Sharing your designs
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
1. Tinkercad Overview
2. Adding and Modifying Shapes
3. Using 3D Tools
4. Duplicating and Creating Patterns
5. Shape Generators and Special Tools
6. Creating Complex Shapes
7. Importing Assets
8. Finishing a Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.