Join Kacie Hultgren for an in-depth discussion in this video Duplicating shapes, part of Learning Tinkercad.
- [Instructor] Let's explore the options…for duplicating shapes.…Option one, duplicate with the alt or option modifier key.…We'll drag a pyramid onto the work plane,…and focus in on it.…Hold down the alt key on a PC,…or the option key on a Mac,…and then click and drag your pyramid off to the side…to create a duplicate copy.…You can also hold down the shift key…to constrain the motion on one axis.…You can even hold down the alt or option key…while rotating the grips…to create a rotated copy.…
Okay, option two.…We can duplicate with the toolbar or a keyboard shortcut.…I'll select my pyramid here in the center.…I'll choose duplicate or you can use control d…on your keyboard.…Do you see that brief flash of red?…That means that object has been duplicated in place.…There's actually a second copy on top of it.…I'll use my arrow keys to bump that second copy…off to the side.…Okay, finally option number three.…Duplicating the entire design document.…We'll go up to the Tinkercad logo…in the upper left-hand corner.…
We'll mouse over my first design.…
To learn more about 3D printing with your Tinkercad designs, check out Kacie's companion course, Up and Running with 3D Printing.
- Working with the Tinkercad interface
- Adding and moving 3D shapes
- Changing dimensions
- Measuring with the ruler
- Using hole shapes
- Creating patterns
- Working with Shape Generators
- Building complex shapes
- Importing 2D and 3D assets
- Sharing your designs
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
1. Tinkercad Overview
2. Adding and Modifying Shapes
3. Using 3D Tools
4. Duplicating and Creating Patterns
5. Shape Generators and Special Tools
6. Creating Complex Shapes
7. Importing Assets
8. Finishing a Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.