Join Kacie Hultgren for an in-depth discussion in this video Copying shapes, part of Learning Tinkercad.
- [Instructor] There's more than meets the eye…with Tinkercad's copy and paste options.…Let's explore the basics and some hidden pro tips…to take your workflow to the next level.…I'll start by dragging three pyramids on to the Workplane.…I'll click, hold down the Shift key,…and drag the grip to scale this one to 10 millimeters.…And then the last one, click, hold down Shift,…and scale it up to 30.…Okay, time to copy/paste.…
Select the small pyramid.…Then, go up to the toolbar and click Copy, then click Paste.…Let's try it with a medium one.…Select the pyramid, copy, paste.…So note that the copied offset distance is different.…It's half the shape's width and it's always placed…to the right.…Let's try one more time.…I'll select the large pyramid.…This time I'll use the keyboard shortcuts,…Control + C to copy and Control + V to paste.…
I'll do it a couple more times.…Then I'll orbit and change my view.…Hit Control + V again.…Orbit and change my view and tap it again.…See how the placement changes, depending on the view?…
To learn more about 3D printing with your Tinkercad designs, check out Kacie's companion course, Up and Running with 3D Printing.
- Working with the Tinkercad interface
- Adding and moving 3D shapes
- Changing dimensions
- Measuring with the ruler
- Using hole shapes
- Creating patterns
- Working with Shape Generators
- Building complex shapes
- Importing 2D and 3D assets
- Sharing your designs
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Intermediate
1. Tinkercad Overview
2. Adding and Modifying Shapes
3. Using 3D Tools
4. Duplicating and Creating Patterns
5. Shape Generators and Special Tools
6. Creating Complex Shapes
7. Importing Assets
8. Finishing a Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.