Join Kacie Hultgren for an in-depth discussion in this video Butting shapes together, part of Learning Tinkercad.
- [Instructor] This is a continuation of our mini…project, creating a finial shape.…In this step, we'll butt two objects together.…I'll grab the ruler tool…and bring it on to the work plane,…then select the right hand object.…Double check that we're measuring to the right corner.…This is the corner that we want to move to the origin…and so, I will change these green offset measurements…to zero and zero.…Now I'll select the other side.…This time we need to change which corner…we are measuring to.…
A click on the origin until we get the right one.…This is it, I'll change it to zero.…This is a little hard to see over here…but we'll change that 10mm to zero as well.…A click to deselect…and then I can exit the ruler.…Sometimes we think of the ruler as just being for measuring…but this is a great example of using the ruler tool…to move a shape accurately.…I'll select both objects…and then choose group.…I want to show you one more variation on this technique.…
I'm going to orbit to the side here and pan.…I'll drop a work plane on this face,…
To learn more about 3D printing with your Tinkercad designs, check out Kacie's companion course, Up and Running with 3D Printing.
- Working with the Tinkercad interface
- Adding and moving 3D shapes
- Changing dimensions
- Measuring with the ruler
- Using hole shapes
- Creating patterns
- Working with Shape Generators
- Building complex shapes
- Importing 2D and 3D assets
- Sharing your designs
Skill Level Beginner
Rapid Prototyping for Product Designwith Gabriel Corbett1h 38m Appropriate for all
1. Tinkercad Overview
2. Adding and Modifying Shapes
3. Using 3D Tools
4. Duplicating and Creating Patterns
5. Shape Generators and Special Tools
6. Creating Complex Shapes
7. Importing Assets
8. Finishing a Design
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.