Join Kacie Hultgren for an in-depth discussion in this video Aligning shapes, part of Tinkercad: Modeling Custom Designs for 3D Printing.
- We've been roughing in shapes for our trophy base,…but now it's time to get everything aligned.…We're gonna go ahead and try the align tool.…So first, I'm gonna draw a bounding box…around our entire trophy base.…And from the Adjust menu, I'll choose Align.…Now the two things I want to do are center it on this axis,…and this axis.…The rest of the alignment is already perfect,…so we'll just leave it as it is.…You can see that that just got everything in line…so that we're confident that everything is centered,…and precisely placed.…
To dismiss the align tool,…you can click on the x or just push Enter.…The last thing to do is to just group this,…so that as we keep going in our design process,…we don't make inadvertent changes.…Our objects are already selected,…so I'll just choose Group.…We've finished aligning,…so you can move on to the next video.…
- Importing a 3D scan
- Stacking and aligning shapes
- Adding and customizing text
- Incorporating SVG and STL files
- Creating patterns
- 3D printing your project
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Building a Base
2. Adding a Customized Plaque
3. Creating a Patterned Crest
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.