Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video The essentials of the user interface, part of Learning Tiffen Dfx.
- Let's start by taking a general look…at the user interface.…Whether you're accessing it as a stand-alone application…or a plug-in, you'll see a fairly consistent UI throughout.…In this case, I've opened up a single image…into the stand-alone app, you can do this…by choosing File, Open, and grab one of your photos…or use the one that I have here.…Once it's opened, the first step is…to really choose a filter.…Everything is driven by filters.…Across the bottom here, you'll see major categories.…
For example, the first category is Color.…You can easily step between these…to quickly see the different filters.…As you choose filters, some filters will go right…to controls over here in the Parameters area.…While other filters will offer easy-to-use presets…as a starting point.…It's ultimately up to you.…Once you double-click, you'll see that it's applied.…
And it added that on top of the original.…And then, it gives us the option to continue to stack more.…In this case, let's delete that.…I'll choose Undo.…If a particular filter has a preset,…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.