Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video What you should know before watching this course, part of Learning Tiffen Dfx.
- For this course, you could really come in at any experience level. Ideally, you'll have a basic knowledge of working with photo or video files and your favorite software, but you're gonna learn an entire new user interface. Fortunately, it's one that's consistent whether you're working with a stand-alone version of the software, or if you're working inside of a video editing tool or a photo editing tool. And what you're gonna find is that you can get consistent results across all applications. This means if you work in photo frequently, but just dabble in video, you could still translate that knowledge across.
And with several different presets and easy tools to jump in with, you'll find that this is a deceptively easy tool to get up and running with. But as we dig a bit deeper, I'll be sure to unlock all of the power and show you great options like masking, and the ability to store your own presets as well as take advantage of advanced color grading and image stylization tools. No matter what your experience level, let's get the software launched and get started.
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.