Learn to use the popular Tiffen Dfx plugin for processing both photos and videos.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Hi, my name is Rich Harrington and welcome to this course on Tiffen Dfx software. This is a unique piece of software that I particularly like using inside of my digital toolbox. You see, it?s one of the few pieces of software that's available to run three distinct ways. Now, you can run this as a standalone piece of software, but what I particularly like is that it works equally well inside of photo editing tools like Photoshop, Lightroom, Aperture, as well as video editing tools like Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, and Avid. You can also use it with motion graphics applications.
This particular tool is truly useful, and what I like about it is it takes a lot of things I know about traditional production. You see, if you have a photography background or a video lighting background, you're going to find intuitive things that just make sense. The ability to use digital equivalents of glass filters, flags, nets, virtual lights that simulate traditional lighting techniques. This is a really cool package and it?s got standout features like great film stocks and a wide collection of presets to get you started.
And the best part is as you're working across photo and video applications, you can use the same user interface and even often exchange presets. Now, even if you don't have access to this software be sure to download the trial version so you can really get hands on with it. This is a fun piece of software that really expands the digital toolbox for any visual artist.
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Up and Running with HDR Efex Pro 2.0with Tim Grey1h 21m Beginner
Up and Running with Photomatix Prowith Richard Harrington3h 32m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Perfect Photo Suite 8with Abba Shapiro3h 41m Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.