Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using multiple masks, part of Up and Running with Tiffen Dfx.
- So far, I've shown you several…different masking techniques,…and you might have seen more than one that you liked,…or ones that you liked for different situations.…Well, here's the good news,…you could use more than one if you see fit.…For example, let's open this image up into Dfx.…I'll send this across,…and reset the image.…What I'd like to do…is really make a glow on this particular sign.…
Using the Light category here,…I'm gonna apply an Edge Glow,…and boost that quite strongly.…But I don't want that to apply everywhere.…So, adding a mask to that layer is simple.…Let's do an easy mask,…and draw to define the sign.…
Just tracing over the major elements…of this neon sign.…And setting the background…with some large slash-type marks.…Now, I don't want the glow to apply to this building here,…so I'll mark that out.…Let's generate the mask.…That looks good!…I really like how quickly it drew in…and selected things.…
Let's just pick up a few stray marks here…from that power line that looks to be detected.…Refresh that.…That looks pretty solid.…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Up and Running with HDR Efex Pro 2.0with Tim Grey1h 21m Beginner
Up and Running with Photomatix Prowith Richard Harrington3h 32m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Perfect Photo Suite 8with Abba Shapiro3h 41m Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.