Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Using color gradients, part of Up and Running with Tiffen Dfx.
- Grads can also be used to add color to a scene…to really change the overall mood or create a look.…In this case I have a friend from the Costa Rican jungle…and I'd like to bring out some of the colors in this scene.…I made a Smart Object and apply the Tiffen Dfx package.…Let's take a look at the Color Spot to begin with.…I'll just clear out the image by resetting it,…and you'll see that this adds a cast.…
So around the edges you could introduce a new color.…As I step through these presets,…notice how things like Plum or Chocolate…are creating a richness of color at the edge.…In a way, it's acting like a vignette,…but its creating the color cast…and introducing an intensification of the color.…You, of course, can move this spotlight as you see fit,…and it will update as you drag around.…
When you release, it redraws.…There are several choices here…and each of these will increase the intensity.…Let's, for example, grab a strong green…and you'll see that the edges became quite green.…If we Split this here,…you'll see that it introduced…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.