Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Snap masks, part of Learning Tiffen Dfx.
- If you'd like to quickly identify a mask…based on image edge details,…much like you might use the quick selection tool,…or magic wand tool in PhotoShop,…then the StatMasks is often the best choice.…Let's make this a smart object,…and apply the Dfx package.…Let's do a enhancement adjustment.…In this case, I'll use a film lab,…and I'd like to apply a bleach bypass look…to the foreground.…
Now, when we run the filter,…you'll notice that the previous mask…is automatically applied.…You may want to clean that out,…as well as delete the previous filter.…Let's do something really obvious here,…like a black and white adjustment.…Instead of the pure black and white,…I'll use some of the film stocks…for a high-contrast look.…If you don't see the presets,…just go under Window, and make sure presets is enable,…and then it's quiet simple.…I'll just dock this over here with the parameters.…
We'll choose some looks.…I like this one,…but I'd like to leave the subject in color.…With the effect selected, I'll click to add a SnapMasks.…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.