Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Shooting infrared, part of Up and Running with Tiffen Dfx.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Another style of photography is Infrared…and many people will convert their cameras…to an infrared look.…This can be used for an interesting black and white…type image or you can leave some color in the details.…Let's switch shots here…and I'll drop this into a new composition…and type in infrared.…Here we go.…Two choices here, a traditional Infrared creates…a high contrast black and white image,…and essentially different areas of the image are responding.…
If we look at this here,…you'll see different areas can be brought out.…And essentially it's an interesting way…to do a black and white conversion.…As you play with the Brightness,…it also brings in a bit of a halo type effect.…Remember, the use of Matte can be quite useful.…So you can define which area is effected.…The output produces a nice overall effect…and I like that I can control…a glowing nature to the highlights.…
This creates an attractive black and white.…One that I'll often follow up with an Effect,…such as one of the lighting effects from before,…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Up and Running with HDR Efex Pro 2.0with Tim Grey1h 21m Beginner
Up and Running with Photomatix Prowith Richard Harrington3h 32m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Perfect Photo Suite 8with Abba Shapiro3h 41m Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.