Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Saving and reloading setups, part of Learning Tiffen Dfx.
- As you're working, you might come…up with a very complex look, perhaps multiple layers…and you wanna save that as a complex preset.…Or perhaps, you're looking for the ability to store…a setup for access later.…You want to apply it to a different image…or really just know exactly what you did.…Well, sort of like a project file,…Tiffen DFX offers a setup file…and you could reuse this on the same image…or another down the road.…In this case, let's save this.…
I'll choose File, Save Setup,…and I'll call this Workflow2 and click Save.…Now, that particular workflow is stored.…If I want to load a different workflow up,…from Open Setup, here's one that I previously made.…And you'll see that it updates.…In this case, I'm using different adjustments.…A Film Stock with an F-Stop adjustment…and a Vignette.…
If we look at these being built from the ground up,…you'll see that the Film Stock is being used…and then a very small adjustment…with the Vignette added on top.…In this case, the mask travelled with the setup.…If I wanna go back to the other look,…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.