Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Running as a video plugin, part of Up and Running with Tiffen Dfx.
- Accessing Tiffen as a video plugin…is fairly straightforward.…Let's take a look at Premier Pro,…which'll be very similar to other Adobe editing tools.…You can choose to apply the effect directly to a clip.…So if you go under Video Effects,…you'll find a category for Tiffen.…In this case, I can choose to go…right into a particular category, like Special Effects.…And perhaps I'd just like to add a border to this shot.…
Dragging it onto the clip will bring up the basic interface.…Now, you'll see in this case that the borders were applied.…And, in some cases,…there may be some styles or presets you could choose from,…right within this window.…And Tiffen tries to give you the basic options here,…right inside the video application natively.…However, at any point,…you could check to invoke the Tiffen Dfx interface.…This'll bring up a version of Dfx that you can work in.…
In this case, you see that there are…several presets for borders.…I could choose from one of these,…further refine some of the properties.…Let's reposition that slightly,…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.