- If you'd like more freehand controls over a mask…you could paint one by hand as well.…Let's make this a smart object.…And apply the Tiffen filter.…I'll reset the image and apply a strong look here,…just working with black and white,…so it's really easy to see things.…Remember, different black and white filters…really will change the result and if I filter out the reds…that door essentially becomes invisible…which looks quite different than if we filter out the blues.…
Now in this case, I'm going for a black and white building…and I'm going to put the sky back to full color.…So choose a preset that gives you a nice black and white…conversion on the building itself.…Then, with the layer selected, click to add a mask.…We'll just choose Paint.…You'll see here the ability to paint on the mask itself…now you could adjust the brush size…getting a larger brush and then paint the mask in.…
You might find it useful to view the mask.…And this allows me to just freehand.…If you want to see that over the image, just click…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.