Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Natural effects, part of Learning Tiffen Dfx.
- While many of the lighting effects that Tiffen offers…are designed to simulate studio-type lighting…there is a good collection of natural lighting effects…meant to simulate natural conditions…that could occur in the wild.…Let's bring in a couple of video clips…and I'll place those into one composition.…There we go.…Let's drive through that frame.…And we'll make this a bit bigger.…Now, some of the options here are pretty extensive.…
Let's go down to the Dfx category and twirl down light.…All the ones you learned about before, such as Ambient Light…can be used, so if you just want to boost the overall…ambient lighting levels in the scene you'll notice…that the sun and the skyline are getting brighter.…And I particularly like how that light transfers…to the actual foreground here where the darker elements are.…That's a pretty cool effect,…but let's simulate some other conditions.…
One of those options is an Ice Halo.…Ice Halos are designed to create patterns.…You can position this and adjust the overall brightness…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.