Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Manipulating skies and atmosphere, part of Learning Tiffen Dfx.
- Some of the other special effects you can add…are meant to simulate filters that you would apply…to affect the overall atmosphere.…Now, we talked about some of these before,…but you can polarize the scene…or introduce things like fog.…Let's come down here and go to the special effects category…and take a look at some of these choices.…Now, there are a whole bunch of options here,…including highly specialized ones,…such as day for night, and as far as day for nights go,…this is one of the best ones I've seen on the market.…
Look at that conversion.…The sky has changed, the overall lighting,…and the richness of the shadows is quite impressive,…and that's just the default starting point.…Remember, inside the Dfx interface,…you'll find a range of choices available,…and you could dial in that intensity.…This is one of my favorite day for night plugins,…which allows you to shoot in the daytime…and simulate much darker at night.…Remember, you can also tweak…the overall brightness of the shot here…and the balance of the mid tones,…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.