- If you'd like to take control of lights…and target a specific area in your scene,…Tiffen also offers virtual lights…that can be used on the background.…Something called a gobo is very typical.…It's often a physical cutout that goes in front of the light…to create shaped patterns.…Well, you now have virtual gobos as well.…Let's add a new layer here to this image,…and on top, I'm going to add a shape.…Now, the choice that I want to use is…this plugin called Light.…
On its own, there are several gobos,…and some of these presets are going to…appear a bit cheesy to you.…After all, zoom is probably not…going to be in your repertoire.…But some of these patterns,…to create a little bit of distortion, are quite useful,…and the ability to add some mottling…or breakup to the background.…Usually, what happens is someone picks an initial pattern,…something like these thorns.…Let's use this one here.…
It's a bit more subtle.…And then they'll place the light behind the subject.…Once that's done, it's very easy to adjust it.…Using the DVE, you could adjust the overall scale,…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.