Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Lens issues: Distortion, part of Learning Tiffen Dfx.
- Besides things like chromatic aberration,…or control over depth to field,…many lenses introduce artifacts or distortion…based on the style of lens.…This is particularly true with…wide angle footage, and Tiffen has…a wide range of corrections…for wide angle distortion.…Let's bring in a couple of shots.…We'll start here with a GoPro clip.…In this case, Tiffen has two filters…that really come in handy.…
From my filter browser here…I'll go to the lens category,…and start with the lens distortion filter.…This one makes it really easy to adjust curvature.…Let's twirl these down so there's…some sliders that are easy to access,…and bump up the distortion amount.…Look at how I can unwrap that image.…
Either emphasizing the wide angle,…or bending it the other way,…so those lines actually start to go straight.…Using the curvature slider,…you can really push that even further.…Now, this has gone too far,…but you see how it's bending the image along the y-axis.…I'll take that back closer to the middle,…but those two values working together…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.