Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Lens issues: Color, part of Up and Running with Tiffen Dfx.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Other problems you could see with lenses…include things like chromatic…aberration or color fringing.…There's a lot of things that can…go wrong with the lens, particularly…if you're using a cheaper lens…or shooting with a longer focal length.…As you start to add things like sunlight…bouncing around inside the lens, there's…a lot of issues that could pop up.…Fortunately, Tiffen Dfx offers a…collection of tools to help you fix these.…Let's start by really zooming in on this…image so you can see the problems.…At 100 percent, the chromatic aberration…is very visible in this image.…
You'll note that we have some really…strong color casts in the shadows there…and that we have a strong purple fringe…on both the bird and the tree branch.…This problem was caused because I…was shooting at 600 millimeters from a far…distance and, with no cloud cover that day,…the lighting was pretty harsh.…Let's start by using chromatic aberration.…With a simple click,…you'll see it comes up…and you now have control to go after…red, green, magenta or cyan.…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Up and Running with HDR Efex Pro 2.0with Tim Grey1h 21m Beginner
Up and Running with Photomatix Prowith Richard Harrington3h 32m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Perfect Photo Suite 8with Abba Shapiro3h 41m Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.