Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video How to use the exercise files, part of Learning Tiffen Dfx.
- In order to bring the software to life, I've put together a collection of exercise files. Now, these are just some photos and video clips, many with problems, some just some of my favorite images that I like to work with. And these will help you unlock the features of the software. If you don't have the ability to download these, just pull some of your favorite photo or video files together, grab a couple of recent images that you feel comfortable editing, and we'll start to explore what the software can do. The Tiffen DFX software can work with both raw files as well as processed images such as PSDs, TIFFs, JPEGs, really any major image format.
And on the video side, as long as your video editing tool can open the file, whether that be camera native or a transcoded format like a QuickTime movie, you'll find that Tiffen DFX can work with those files too. So as long as your system has some photo editing software or video editing software on it, you're really set to go. And if not, you could still install the stand-alone version of this tool and really work with any photo file that you have access to.
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.