Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Flashing, Grain, and Overexpose, part of Up and Running with Tiffen Dfx.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Inside of the Film Lab,…you'll find several other types of processing,…to really push the image further.…Many of these deal with things like overexposing it.…And if you've never worked in a traditional darkroom,…some of these practices may seem a bit strange.…But think of it this way,…it's a way to de-stress the image…or blow out some of the details.…I've opened up an image into the standalone Dfx package.…And just hit Reset to go back to the default view.…While we've already looked at things like…bleach bypass and film stocks,…you'll see that a cross process can be quite useful…to simulate some of the traditional types of printing,…of using slide or prints.…
Things like flashing can be used…to really bring out some of the colors.…And note how it impacts different regions.…Remember, you can always simplify this view down,…so go after the shadows area.…And this is introducing a color cast…into different parts of the shadows.…Perhaps you just want some heavy grain.…Well, do you want that grain to be singular or large?…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Up and Running with HDR Efex Pro 2.0with Tim Grey1h 21m Beginner
Up and Running with Photomatix Prowith Richard Harrington3h 32m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Perfect Photo Suite 8with Abba Shapiro3h 41m Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.