Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Final thoughts, part of Learning Tiffen Dfx.
- The Tiffen Dfx package is an extensive collection,…and we touched on many of the filters,…but not even the majority.…What I wanted you to learn here today is…how to really take precise control of the user interface.…The masking tools are essential, and quite effective.…Being able to master adding masks and mattes…will really let you take precise contol over the filters.…The filters for video work great, and will often…build upon significantly what's available…in your video editing package.…
On the photo side, many other filters…will be duplicates that you might already have access to.…So perhaps for Tiffen Dfx, you'll instead…rely upon some of the things that are more unique,…like some of the graduated filters,…or the ability to re-light a shot,…or add new lighting to the background.…These sorts of things are highly specific…to the Dfx package, and a great addition to every toolbox.…Remember, you don't have to use…every single plug-in in the package.…Hopefully, this course showed you…some of the many options available, and you saw…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.