Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Exploring Looks, part of Learning Tiffen Dfx.
- The Dfx package offers several special effects.…Now, this first one can be over the top or subtle…but it's one of my favorite tricks in my tool box.…It's called Looks and essentially if you are feeling stuck…or you're looking for a starting point…Looks is a great way to kick things off.…Let's use this here for video.…I'll just type in look…and drop that on my clip.…Now the real power here…lies in the Dfx interface.…So skip through all the manual controls…which you can use to tweak the look…and jump right into Dfx.…
In this case looks are a bit like film stocks…but they go a bit further…and rather than try to simulate stocks…you can go through and quickly explore…a bunch of different looks.…Each one of these takes several…of the options available,…so this simple white diffusion is kind of nice.…And as I step through here…you'll see all the different choices…and we're only in the letter B at this point.…As I scroll down you'll find hundreds of options.…
So Filmstock, Flashback,…high Fashion for a high contrast black and white…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.