- Diffusion is also a great way to control…contrast in a video image.…Now the techniques we used earlier on skin…tones would work great for a moving footage…of people as well, but it's not just for people.…Sometimes you have a scene with excessive…detail and the use of diffusion can go…a long way to simplifying things.…In this case I've opened up a time lapse shot…and this is the rock of the desert.…Now if you look at some of these shots here,…we're getting a bit of vibration…because of all the excessive details.…
Now to really judge this you wanna look…at 100% to see what's happening,…and in there it's not as bad but there…is a bit of moirĂŠ, the small detail pattern…moving on screen causing a problem.…Plus it's just stronger than I'd like.…We'll set this to Fit temporarily…and from the Effects browser,…let's just twirl this down…and I'll go to the Diffusion category.…
You'll note that all the ones we saw…for a photo are here too.…Let's start with something simple.…The HDTV one is specifically designed for video…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.