Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Color correcting video, part of Learning Tiffen Dfx.
- The color correction controls inside of Tiffen,…will provide an alternative…to your NLE or motion graphics tool.…In this case, let's go into the Video Effects.…From the image category here…let's take a look at Sky.…This particular scene doesn't have a sky,…but I still like it.…Sky is an interesting filter.…What allows you to do is introduce…a bit of Haze to the scene…as well as manipulate the color Temperature…with a simple slider.…
I often find that this is a quick…and easy adjustment to add a nice boost to the scene.…The use of Haze intensifies the color…and creates a little bit of contrast…in the darkest areas.…With the Temperature slider here,…as well as a balance for Cyan or Magenta…you can refine that.…If you look at that with a before and after,…it's a simple, but effective change.…I like to use this as a quick boost…to overall contrast.…
Note, it plays in real time.…If it does start to drop frames,…it is somewhat intense,…but those frames should cache…and become available to you.…In this case, I'm very happy with the quality of playback.…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.