Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Color correcting photos, part of Learning Tiffen Dfx.
- You'll find several different ways…to tackle color problems within a shot,…whether you wanna use color-correcting filters…or manipulate the color temperature.…For example, under the Color Correct category,…you may find it useful to take a look at just one region,…such as the Shadows.…This will allow you to define what's a shadow.…Do this using the range slider and the position…to manipulate it slightly.…As you do this, it becomes easy to manipulate color across.…
So, for example, if the overall shot feels too saturated,…I could back that down,…or lift the Gamma to brighten it a little bit.…Want a little more contrast?…Go ahead, put that in globally with the Contrast slider.…Perhaps, though, you'd like…to manipulate the Shadows separately,…maybe pulling out the color more…in the background's shadowy region,…and adjusting the Gamma and Temperature to warm that.…
Well, in this case, I've gone for a very stylized look,…but I like it.…Here's the split, so you can see the before and after.…And by correcting the areas independently,…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.