Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing a category and a filter, part of Learning Tiffen Dfx.
- Now that you've got the general idea…how to use Tiffen Dfx,…let's go a bit deeper in the specific workflow.…To do this, I'm going to work…with some photos initially.…I've opened up an image that…has a perfectly fine exposure,…but I'd like to stylize this image a bit…as well as make some corrective actions.…One of the first things I need to do…is work with the filters across the bottom.…You'll note that filters are…organized into several tabs.…To choose a tab, simply mouse over when…it's highlighted, and then click to select.…
Once you've selected a category,…you'll see the individual filter down below.…For example, perhaps I'd like to use…a digital polarizer to work with some…of the contrast here in the clouds.…Once I've selected that filter,…several presets become available.…We'll explore presets more in a moment.…Besides being able to choose filters…from the category list,…you will also find the ability here…to wrap the filters down.…
This means that if you are choosing…a particular type where there are several options,…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.