Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Bleach Bypass, part of Up and Running with Tiffen Dfx.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Because motion picture stocks are really good…to apply to motion pictures,…let's jump into a video tool for a moment,…and show you the filters in action.…In this case I have a simple shot,…and I wanna apply a Bleach Bypass.…But before I do that, let me just show you…that Three Strip process from the earlier movie.…There it is, the Film Lab, and I can apply that,…and you'll see that it did the intensity of the color.…The reds and the greens get quite strong…with a hyper saturated look.…
Remember, very easy to use and you can refine this.…You'll also note, what's quite nice,…is that GPU Rendering is available now in Tiffen,…so this means that if you're on a machine…with a good graphics processor it will…accelerate the effects quite a bit.…Alright, let's take that one off for a moment,…and instead dial in a Bleach Bypass.…Let's apply the Bleach Bypass.…And you see that a high contrast image is built.…
The Bleach Bypass technique literally means skipping…the bleach as part of the color development process.…And what essentially happens here is more of…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Up and Running with HDR Efex Pro 2.0with Tim Grey1h 21m Beginner
Up and Running with Photomatix Prowith Richard Harrington3h 32m Appropriate for all
Up and Running with Perfect Photo Suite 8with Abba Shapiro3h 41m Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.