Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Adjusting filter parameters and variations, part of Learning Tiffen Dfx.
- Depending upon the filter you'll choose,…you'll find different parameters for control.…Some filters are very basic,…while others offer complex controls.…And remember, filters can be combined…just like they could in the real world,…to solve a tough problem.…In this case, I have a Pro-Mist filter applied.…I could choose to view the matte,…which shows me which areas are being effected.…At the bottom here, I could adjust the range.…
The smaller range indicates that just the white areas…in some of these highlights are going to be processed.…You'll note as well the ability to soften a matte…as well as shift its position,…to refine which part of the image is going to be impacted.…In this case I'm going after just the clouds.…Now that I have that, I'll take a look at the output.…And you'll note that any brightness adjustments,…are effecting just the clouds.…
I can also refine that a bit,…and even introduce a little bit…of color shift into those areas.…In this case I made it a bit bluer,…and I'm going to desaturate a little,…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.