Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding texture, part of Learning Tiffen Dfx.
- Another filter in the Dfx package I really like…is for adding texture.…This is a great way to really distress the image…and add a bit of character.…Now this is available, of course,…for both stills and video, and here's the texture effect.…Let's jump right into the Dfx interface.…In this case, you'll see that there are…several preset textures to choose from,…at this time, 117.…Now, choosing one of these adds a texture to your shot.…
You might want to adjust the scale a bit.…And let's take a look at just the texture layer.…These textures are designed to be scaled,…and you could affect the complexity of the texture,…which repeats the pattern, or simplify it down.…As you choose from different textures,…you'll see a wide range of surfaces.…The complexity essentially repeats the pattern.…
There we go.…And randomize will change the variables up,…to give you entirely new patterns.…Note with the randomize value,…the pattern redraws differently with each value.…When we lay this on top, the amount slider let's us dial in…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.