Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding smoke with Smoque, part of Learning Tiffen Dfx.
- Another type of environmental diffusion is smoke.…Smoke can be more like steam…or have a little bit of blackness to it…caused by something burning.…Tiffen has some digital filters here to help with this.…I have an image that should be a bit smoky.…Now, we were outdoors so it was keeping the smoke down,…but I'd like to emphasize the feeling…of something burning here in this old wood burning stove.…Let's make that a smart object and apply the Tiffen filter.…
I'll come here to the 'Diffusion' category,…and you notice that some other filters were applied…from the last look, so let's just clear that out.…In the 'Diffusion' category, I'll apply 'Smoque'.…In this case, it starts to brighten the image up a bit.…It looks like smoke moving through the scene.…Remember, as you apply these, while this is lightening,…you always have the ability to come over…and change the blending mode;…setting it to 'Darken' or 'Multiply'…if you would like to darken the scene down.…
Sometimes, I'll add two copies of the layer.…One to brighten and one to darken.…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.