Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding basic light, part of Learning Tiffen Dfx.
- One of my favorite components of the DFX…package is the lighting tools.…The ability to manipulate or even add…virtual lights into the scene.…Now, Photoshop has a little bit of a tool like this…that works okay and Premier Pro does as well,…and of course, in After Effects…you can add 3D lights to a scene,…but the intelligence and ease of use of the DFX package…is something that I find impressive,…and I frequently end up using it.…Let's start with this image here,…and we'll choose the "Light" category.…
One of the first ones I find myself using often…is the ambient light filter.…The benefit of ambient light is that it's really easy…to change the intensity of the available light,…and you'll see as we step through…that this is very photo-realistic.…Now at the higher values,…this particular image becomes over-exposed,…but at a lower value, one or two,…it's a nice boost to the overall scene,…and it just looks like a change…in the time of day or aperture.…
With the parameter controls,…this works well and you'll note that there are…
- Running Tiffen Dfx as a video or photo plugin
- Choosing a category and a filter
- Working with filter presets
- Limiting filters with masks
- Masking for precision
- Processing film with Film Lab filters
- Using the HFX Diffusion filters
- Correcting color and lens issues
- Refining light
- Using special effects
Skill Level Intermediate
1. An Overview of Tiffen Dfx
2. The Dfx Workflow
3. Masking for Precision
4. Film Lab Essentials
5. HFX Diffusion Essentials
6. HFX Gradients and Tints
7. Modifying the Image
8. Correcting Lens Issues and Adding Effects
9. Refining Light
10. Using Special Effects
Final thoughts1m 29s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.