- The THETA that is an impressively complete VR package, you can go from unboxing to viewing a finished VR movie in an astonishingly short amount of time. In this course, we're gonna cover all of your shooting and post production options, so you're gonna need a few things if you want to follow along with everything that I'll be covering. Obvious, you'll need a THETA. I'm using the THETA S, which offers full HD video capability, and more storage than the previous THETA. You'll also need an Android or iOS tablet or smartphone, and a Mac OS or Windows based computer.
While you can transfer media from the THETA using its built in wi-fi capability, for speedier transfer, you might want to move files by cable, which will require a micro USB cable. Finally, you'll want options for positioning your THETA, which can be anything from a tripod to a selfie stick. We'll be looking at a few different options when we get started shooting with the THETA. There are several pieces of software that you need, fortunately they're all free. For iOS and Android devices, you'll want to download the THETA S app, the THETA+ app, and the THETA+ video app.
These are available from the relevant app stores. For Mac and Windows, you'll want to download the RICOH THETA application, which you can get from the RICOH website. Like I said, the THETA is an impressively complete piece of gear if you've got the things I listed here, then you should be ready to get started.
- Controlling the Theta with buttons or from an iPhone
- Shooting a 360° still with the Theta
- Editing 360° VR images
- Stitching time-lapse videos
- Using the Theta to create the "tiny planet" effect