Join Ben Long for an in-depth discussion in this video Playback modes in the Theta app, part of Ricoh Theta: Tips, Tricks, and Techniques.
- You're probably already used to playing back…some of your THETA Creative Video and the THETA S…application, maybe you've been using THETA+…or THETA+ Video, they'll all do it.…I tend to mostly play back in THETA S…just because that's where I'm used to going,…'cause that's how I control the camera.…But I'm gonna show you a few different playback options…and variations here that you may or may not know about.…I don't have the camera turned on right now,…so it's not showing up here, so I see this Photos line,…if I got there, it shows me the photo album on my phone,…so here, I can get to all of the media…that I've already transferred to the phone.…
I'm gonna go to the camera roll.…I was shooting a time lapse,…so there's a whole lot of the same, here.…I'm gonna tap on a stilled image to open it up,…and right away, as you'd expect, it comes up…in my VR mode here, so I can spin it around.…There are two other options I can use for playback here,…though, that are kind of cool.…If I tap on the screen to get my interface up,…
- Controlling the Theta with buttons or from an iPhone
- Shooting a 360° still with the Theta
- Editing 360° VR images
- Stitching time-lapse videos
- Using the Theta to create the "tiny planet" effect